Tuesday 19 September 2017

Aviation Dress - Complete

I’ve been to two airshows since completing this dress.  At both, I was stopped numerous times to have it admired – one lady said I looked stunning in it and some others manning a Red Arrows stall said they couldn’t stop looking at my dress  …..  compliments indeed!

I loved making it, both using the pattern and fabric.  The Liberty Tana Lawn was so soft and sewed beautifully - it is printed with a mixture of current and historic aircraft.  I only made one adaptation to the pattern in adjusting the skirt to a couple of inches longer – which I’ve also done on another SewOverIt pattern as the length just seems to suit me better than the one supplied.  When I make this one again – which I will – then I’ll also add about another inch in the body as it is a bit short bodied but fine as it is so I'm nit picking really .....  I love the style of the dress which is so easy to wear and flattering for my shape.





1 comment:

  1. Love it Dianne.. Looks so pretty on you.. That is a really good pattern.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...